FORM + Auto-Reply Problem (godaddy form)

eastx2

Hi ALL,

I created a "Coming Soon Page" with a form so visitor can enter their email address and click submit so when the site is ready I can send them an email.

I'm using Godaddy for Hosting and Godaddy have a free form (see attachment: webformmailer.php) that I can use.

The form work 100% fine. The problem is I want to set an auto response email(Thank you email)  that will goes back to the visitor after they click SUBMIT, Because I have to used GoDaddy's forms, the auto response goes back to godaddy formmailer server and not the user's email account. (When I received the email from the Coming soon page, the "from" part doesn't show the visitor's email, it show the godaddy formmailer email instead so even thought I set the auto-respond, the email will reply to godaddy formmailer instead of the visitor.

I've been look around the web but can't find the answer. I really hope you can help me with this.

Thank you very much!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly, you set the address the form submissions are forwarded to in the control panel, correct? The only way I can think of off the top of my head would be to figure out how to set a reply-to header with the address that was entered, so your email client would be able to pick up on it. Otherwise setting up a mysql database and using it to send the thank you's with a script and a cron job isn't out of the question . . .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.