Any software for queries ?

Rommeo

You started asking about temporary tables. I assume you used word 'temporary' without knowing what it means in SQL.

Anyway, the best way is to install local MySQL server and do your practice there. If you need GUI, you can use MySQL Query Browser from MySQL GUI Tools, or MySQL Workbench. Both available for free from MySQL site.

There are also dozens of other software, that facilita working with MySQL.

However, I know no free software that would match description you gave in your first post (assuming I understood it correctly). I know one corporate product, but their prices start from €100000 per deployment.

Two suggestions:

1.  PHP & MYSQL For Dummies  by Janet Valade (ISBN 0-470-09600-4[/b]

This 'ol programmer found it very useful.

B.  If you use phpMyAdmin to manage your MYSQL databases online, it generates and displays query code on the resulting page every time you do something to your database tables.  You can cut and paste these samples into a script and play with them.

php and MYSQL requires patience to learn/understand when one is working by one's self.  Some of us - who have been pounding out code at a semi-pro level for 30 years - still have trouble with figuring things out this way.  The best way to learn is by hands-on trial and error coding.  That, or taking a class at the local community college.  When you come to a point where there seems to be no solution, you post here.  By then, your vocabulary will be large enough that folks here will be able to understand and help you.

I know this because I have been the newbie poster-boy on more forums than you can imagine!

I hope that this helps!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.