[c5-testing]
name=CentOS-5 Testing 
baseurl=http://dev.centos.org/centos/$releasever/testing/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=http://dev.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-testing

# CentOS-Testing:
# !!!! CAUTION !!!!
# This repository is a proving grounds for packages on their way to CentOSPlus and CentOS Extras.
# They may or may not replace core CentOS packages, and are not guaranteed to function properly.
# These packages build and install, but are waiting for feedback from testers as to 
# functionality and stability. Packages in this repository will come and go during the 
# development period, so it should not be left enabled or used on production systems without due
# consideration. 

The testing repo has PHP 5.2.10

You can put it wherever you like, and the steps are the same as compiling most programs on Linux.

./configure
make && make install

You'll want to (funnily enough) read the file called README first. You might also want to take a look at....

./configure --help

Should I do:

1.        cd /etc/yum.repos.d

2.        vim CentOS-Testing.repo

3.        copy and paste the code to CentOS-Testing.repo

and then what should I run. Should I run "./configure" and "make && make install". One thing I need to mention that my centos linux server is standalone and cannot connect to internet. Will this steps work? Please help. Many thanks.

Hi All,

I chose to run rpm files instead. I have downloaded  "php-5.2.13-rpm.tar.bz2" somewhere and run "rpm -Uvh php*.rpm" after I untar the file and I get the following error. How can I fix the dependencies error? After these rpm, do I still need to compile? Please let me know. Thanks.

Error message start:

warning: php-5.2.13-1.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 0587d398

error: Failed dependencies:

libt1.so.5 is needed by php--gd-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

libc-client.so.1 is needed by php-imap-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

llibmcrypt.so.4 is needed by php-mycrpt-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

libmhash.so.2 is needed by php-mhash-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

libsybdb.so.5 is needed by php-mssql-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

librecode.so.0 is needed by php-recode-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

libtidy-0.99so.0 is needed by php-tidy-5.2.13-1.el5.i386

Without the machine being connected to the internet you are going to have a seriously difficult time doing this.

How do you fix dependencies? Install the required software at the required version.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.