#1 TEENFRONT

TEENFRONT
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hey

Im looking for much needed advice. I have 3 user tables in a database set to 25000 max entries, i have over 60000 users. so table 1 and 2 are full, with 10,000 entries in table 3.

This runs my multiplayer pool site, www.8baller.co.uk - he said he coded it it like that ( mutliple user tables ) to make it faster etc. coz the game is really mysql intensive. Iv just bought a dedicated server and now everything is hosted in the same place, so i can now start messing with the database and creating my own stats etc..

But how do i get values of all 3 tables? so say...i want to display the newest user...so it would be entry 10001 in user table 3.. how on earth do i find out which table number the newest user is in? and how do i say pick the guy with the highest score out of all 3 user tables?

Im confused lol.
Teenfront.co.uk : Free Teen Chat -  FunkySmileys.co.uk : MSN Smileys -  ArcadeMonkey.co.uk : Free Flash Games
8Baller.co.uk : Free Multiplayer Pool [url=http://8Baller.co.uk]

#2 HuggieBear

HuggieBear
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,899 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

he said he coded it it like that ( mutliple user tables ) to make it faster etc.

How odd.... So do you have some existing code we can look at?  He must either be looking at rownum or a auto incrementing ID or something.

Maybe show us the code used to 'insert a new user' into the DB?

Rich
Advice to MySQL users: Get phpMyAdmin and test your queries work there first, take half the hassle out of diagnosis, also check the reserved words list.

Links: PHP Docs :: RegEx's :: MySQL :: DevGuru :: w3schools

#3 TEENFRONT

TEENFRONT
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

its done through the flash game itself so i cannot show u any code.

im looking at this from the "start afresh, working with an existing database" aspect..

Teenfront.co.uk : Free Teen Chat -  FunkySmileys.co.uk : MSN Smileys -  ArcadeMonkey.co.uk : Free Flash Games
8Baller.co.uk : Free Multiplayer Pool [url=http://8Baller.co.uk]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users