upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3 in linux

Hai

i have installed php in the cent os 5.4. the one which is installed is 5.1.6 now what i want to do is upgrade it to latest one 5.3.2, as i am new to linux environment it is quite hard for me to configure that, can any one guide me with this also one more thing is that i need to install zend framework in the same environment,

any help would be greatly appreciate..

I'm not sure 5.3.2 would be within the official repos as yet but a quick Google revealed this repo with complete with instructions.

As for zend framework. Just download, unpack and add its library directory to your php include_path. This can be set within your php.ini.

i have downloaded the tar file for the linux but dont know hw to use it to compile the php. as per the rpm the one which i have is the latest one.

need help to upgrade, got no documentation of hw to do this..

You really don't want to compile php yourself unless you know what your doing because you will then have to deal with dependencies yourself (not much fun). I pointed you to a repo that should make installation simple, I'm not sure what else I can do.

If you still insist on compiling yourself there are instructions on php.net, but the process is the same as with most programs.

# unpack package
# cd into package source
./configure
make && make install

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.