One problem to Web proxy

angel1993

i have one web, if enter user in web donate 1 point, once a day.. but people cheat!  a web proxy!

HELP

I have Spanish no speak english

--------------------------------------

In this post I used google translator, I have a problem that my site is that if a person enters a link is given points, can only be done once a day per IP, but people use proxies and there is a lot points, I need to prevent Web proxy

Usted necesidad de investigar cómo utilizar cookies. Si se obliga a las cookies, reducir el proxy como el spoofing "cookie" no puede llegar al cliente de la misma manera que la IP del cliente no puede llegar a sus cheques.

Translated with Google Translator

---------------------------------------------------

Original:

You need to research how to use cookies.  If you force cookies you will cut down on proxy spoofing as the cookie can not get to the client the same way the client IP can not get to your checks.

Why not donate the point when they login? The problem is that you probably do something like:

points = points + 1

In your database and thus have no idea which days they logged in. Change your database design to:

points (user_id, date)

When they login, check if an entry exists for that day:

WHERE user_id = $uid AND date = curdate()

If it doesn't add one. The get the number of points for a user, use:

SELECT count(*) AS user_points FROM points WHERE user_id = $uid

This technique has the advantage that when even if the user would use a proxy you could remove their points by looking up dates and removing any duplicates.

To create a ranking, use:

SELECT .., count(*) AS user_points FROM points GROUP BY user_id ORDER BY user_points DESC

Usted necesidad de investigar cómo utilizar cookies. Si se obliga a las cookies, reducir el proxy como el spoofing "cookie" no puede llegar al cliente de la misma manera que la IP del cliente no puede llegar a sus cheques.

Translated with Google Translator

---------------------------------------------------

Original:

You need to research how to use cookies.  If you force cookies you will cut down on proxy spoofing as the cookie can not get to the client the same way the client IP can not get to your checks.

Very Thanks, Very sympathetic,.

if you were Spanish I would like to have you as a friend .. but being English we do not learn nothing: D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.