PHP Cookie / Flash Question

foochuck

I'm running a regular PHP website. On the top of my page there is a flash object that plays music. You can toggle the music on or off with a flash button.

By default, the flash music plays on each page, so if you were to turn the music off and then go to another page, the music starts playing again.

I'm trying to set a cookie so that if a user turns the music off, when they go to another page, the flash player remembers whether to play or not.

I am feeding a variable to my flash object called 'playMusic' which accepts either true or false. However I'm not sure how to have flash send a cookie to php if the button is turned off.

Also I'm not sure how to set a cookie or if I should set a session for this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-foo

By default the music plays, that is set in the SWF object without a variable.

On the pages where I don't want the music to play, I would just set that variable to false.

The music plays by default. Is there any work around to control this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.