rookie freelancer needs to set effective foundations that have potentials

eric hadson

So as you can tell from the subject, I'm a rookie freelancer with pretty good knowledge in php and making of dynamic webs...

Recently, I sort of decided to build my own CMS and primarily offer it to my prospective clients... and so to ensure that my CMS is "good quality", i figure I should incorporate bests of bests to it...ie, i chose jquery for js library...

I'm now kinda torn between zend and cakephp..on the dynamic side...

I think I want the one that has most features, flexible license terms and best performance. Also, another thing that i've been pondering on was; if you use Zend, will you eventually be forced to purchase all their other products in order to effectively and happily do what I'm doing..? Sorry, if I'm not making sense...

Please advise and suggest...  Thank you in advance for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Eric,

Both CakePHP and Zend Framework are good but I am really liking ZF and the awesome community. I use jQuery a lot but was not forced to use ZendX_Jquery Component. ZF is business friendly and has an ever expanding, tested set of components.

I do not use Zends premium (paid) products unless it is necessary or a client wants it but they do have great server and developer tools. PHP, Zend Framework and Zend Server Community Edition are all free.

a CMS project based on Zend Framework would have a solid foundation from the start.

Joseph Melnick

JM Web Consultants

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.