Better Method - point in the right direction

gevensen

i have the html code below that creates an ajax call that works

i can pass the data contained in id="update_<?php echo $bank_data[$i][11]?>" which is basically a field named after a file id which contains a date in date form 2010-01-01 for example to a javascript query using get element by id

this creates a button in the same box below the input field which i have to then click to make the query

is there a way to eliminate the button and for example doubleclick on the textbox to make the query?

<td width = "75" align = "center" ><input align = "middle" name="date_update" type="text" id="update_<?php echo $bank_data[$i][11]?>" value="<?php echo $bank_data[$i][1]; ?>" />
<button onclick="update_posteddate(<?php echo $bank_data[$i][11]; ?> )">Update Post Date</button> 

oops

scratch the question

i had tried it before and i just tried it again and it works

i added the following to the text box and it succesfully passed the data

onclick="update_posteddate(<?php echo $bank_data[$i][11]; ?> )"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.