School's site

giv3mesmile

long load time, alot of images. Also not a fan of the border color, but thats opinion.

Also the link backgrounds move rather slow for me. if thats css you should preload the images, if its js then perhaps there is a more efficient way of doing it. Cause i have a pretty nice internet connection and pretty nice computer, things rarely lag for me.

- Nothing about this website tells it's about a school.

- The image above the content isn't going to convince parents to send there children to that school more likely keep them away from it. As who wants to go to a school that has graffiti all over it and looks like it could collapse any minute?

- Your website does not indicate on which page the user is currently on.

- You used images for text, use image replacement techniques.

- Your third menu item has the :hover image missing on http://xgimnazija.edu.rs/Aktivnosti.html.

- Nothing about this website tells it's about a school.

- The image above the content isn't going to convince parents to send there children to that school more likely keep them away from it. As who wants to go to a school that has graffiti all over it and looks like it could collapse any minute?

- Your website does not indicate on which page the user is currently on.

- You used images for text, use image replacement techniques.

- Your third menu item has the :hover image missing on http://xgimnazija.edu.rs/Aktivnosti.html.

Its name tells, and this site is for ppl who already are in that school...

Well, i couldn't hide what our school looks like ( from outside ) the important thing is how good it is from inside ( teachers, stuff )...people know that....since its placed in the "huligans hood" that's why it looks like that...

yeah only for 2 sentences ( img 4 txt )

and about the hover image, i can't find out why doesnt it works...it doesnt work only on that one page :/

still... it's not done yet :)

Its name tells, and this site is for ppl who already are in that school...

If it were for students only then it would have been on a more private URL like ict.students.school.edu but it's not and the information is specific to the school and thus is to convince parents to send their children to that school because it's great because of x and y reasons.

I didn't say it was a private school. I said that if the information was specific to the students it would have been on a more private URL but as it isn't everyone can read it and thus everyone can/will use it. And your website should support most/all of these and provide information they seek.

There has to be a better picture lol. Besides from the graffiti there is a lot of detail in such a small blurry picture... i am kinda curious why your school has such a graffiti issue. could some students come together and clean that up. I am all up for artistic expression, but this does not look to be the case lol. 

honestly, in that hood, around the school and in school yard...grafitis are the least problem...

there is always bunch of hooligans ( soccer ) around the school...even if some of the students try to clean those signatures "21 blok , hijene" and stuff..those guys would beat the up...

when they decide to play soccer on a schools field, no one can make them walk away, even the school cop and grounds keeper...

sometimes they even pick some of the students and force him to buy them food and drink, they give you like 20 rsd , and tell you to buy them 6 hamburgers and 12 beers ( wich is around 1200rsd ) and if you dont do that they'll beat u up hard....

those are some of the issues our school is dealing with, and btw, these are only the first steps of a web site...it will be changed to better..i hope :)

they give you like 20 rsd , and tell you to buy them 6 hamburgers and 12 beers ( wich is around 1200rsd ) and if you dont do that they'll beat u up hard....

How much does a gun cost? Give them a healthy meal something with lots of iron.

every 1 has its own gun ..

Yikes, thought my old school was rough.

I'd say if this was for a different topic of website, the design would be fairly well done. But I don't think you've particularly though about what you're designing for, as others have mentioned. I also think the layout is quite restrictive, in that it's not a fluid layout, it's quite thing and image heavy. You don't really have room to add say a large image if you wanted to later.

Looking at the source there's a lot of room for improvement. You're using a table layout, deprecated tags (such as <center>), there's no doctype, some images are missing alt attributes, you're using the old hacky spacer.gif trick, etc, etc. Looks like Dreamweaver or something?

Yikes, thought my old school was rough.

I'd say if this was for a different topic of website, the design would be fairly well done. But I don't think you've particularly though about what you're designing for, as others have mentioned. I also think the layout is quite restrictive, in that it's not a fluid layout, it's quite thing and image heavy. You don't really have room to add say a large image if you wanted to later.

Looking at the source there's a lot of room for improvement. You're using a table layout, deprecated tags (such as <center>), there's no doctype, some images are missing alt attributes, you're using the old hacky spacer.gif trick, etc, etc. Looks like Dreamweaver or something?

yeah this is actually my first web site, and i used dw and photo shop to design it..i know its not that functional, but isn't it just a presentation...

page like "How did school got its name" doesnt have to be changed in future..does it?! ..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.