Chat Software

Hood15

I'm working on developing some new open source chat software. It runs with smarty template engine, jquery, and the rest is all created from scratch. The messages are stored in files rather than in databases. Theres a command system in place but is also going to have an admin cp, user cp, and mod cp.

Users are stored in a mysql database, along with online users and modules, it's made modular so that addons can simply be made: such as private messages, a shop, etc...

http://osphpchat.com is going to be the site for the software, right now there's just forums (myBB) and a current version of the chat. Another demo site could be chat.nittodreamteam.com

You can beta test them both as they're the same files (chat.nittodreamteam.com is where I update first though, that's going to be the "playground").

Some commands are:

- /color {type} {hex_code} -- type is either "user" or "message" by default is message.

- /suggest {suggestion} -- saves your suggestion in a file for us to see.

I haven't made many commands yet, we also have a kick command right now though. On nittodreamteam you cannot use the color command but the demo account on osphpchat can.

-- I know this might belong better in the beta test section but I posted it yesterday and still waiting approval.

thanks thorpe

thewooleymammoth - on the demo chat with the demo account? I'm gonna change the config file to let anyone change their color, you can re-test whenever. I'm going to change the theme, hopefully have someone develop a new one, thanks. How do you like the way it functions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.