Require help formatting the time

JeremyCanada26

if I have a number like -5 which represents the offset from UTC, how do I format a time that I already have in this format? 2010-04-30 11:38:56"

btw, 2010-04-30 11:38:56 is already in UTC

I'd preferably like to break it up into two parts afterwards. One that says "April 10th, 2010" and another that says "6:38 PM"  (with no leading zero's)

Wow that second line you used was very bloated Sergey, how about something like this

$hour_diff = -4;
$t = strtotime('2010-04-30 11:38:56');
$t = $t + ($hour_diff * 3600);
$t1 = date('F jS, Y',$t);
$t2 = date('h:i A',$t);

echo $t1 , $t2;

Yours is in no way more accurate, mine adds the correct amount of seconds to the unix timestamp of the said time, and then formats it exactly like yours does. can you show me an example of how mine is different for any particular date?

You're right JAY6390, I mistake. I have a delusion that adding hours, days etc. with just incrementing by NNN seconds might be incorrect, while function mktime() respect things like daylight saving time and leap years. Anyway I always use mktime rather than multiplying seconds.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.