Form entry questions

bajangerry

Guys,

I have a project that I am starting to work on that I have a question about before I actually start creating my query for. What I would be doing is have dropdown menu boxes providing selections from a table and then an box for entering search parameters next to this box. i.e. the table will have in things like Name, Address, Telephone, Age etc which will be selectable in the dropdown menu box and then the user would enter a search parameter that relates to the selection in the other box. All this I know how to do and have done in the past but what I am hoping to be able to do is this:

Every time a selection is made in a dropdown menu another one should appear under that one to allow the user to select another search parameter if the wish to reduce the number of results. I do not want to fill the page with all the table's available options as there will be a large number but would rather bring up a new pair of boxes for them to use if they wish.

Any ideas? Can this actually be done in PHP or would I need to use something like Java to achieve this? I am not sure how to get the interaction from the page to provide the new boxes without sending the page each time.

Thanks for any suggestions here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.