simpleXML count() Call to undefined method

pernest

Hi,

I've been trying to use simple XML and everything is going well, until I tried to use count. I've even copied and pasted the example from the php manual (added nothing to it) http://www.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.count.php but I just get Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::count(). The weird thing is that all the other simpleXML member functions word exactly as documents.

I can't be certain, but I have a gut feeling that whilst getting to grips with simpleXML I used the count() function successfully a few days ago.

running phpinfo() on my server tells me that I'm using PHP Version 5.2.11 and simpleXML is revision Revision: 272374

Could someone else please try this and let me know if its a problem unique to me and my stupid host, or is it a php problem.

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.