How to evaluate my php skill level.

atrum

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I have feeling this will get moved to misc.

I have been programing in php in my spare time, and I have a firm grasp on all the basics.

I am trying to get a feel for where I stand in terms of experience in php. I have tried the test available at w3shools.com for php, and I score a 100% in 2.09 minutes. That test however never changes it's questions, it is always the same 20.

Can anyone recommend a quiz I can take that is more in depth, or maybe a list of projects I can use to grade my self in php ability?

Try to code a website with basic php functionality (forms,functions,db queries etc.) without any kind of reference.

K I can already do that, I've built db registration, authentication with sessions. Built my own functions to carry out various tasks, and i've done email activation, plus forgot password email plus token verification.

whats next?

What I have written above is the farthest I have gotten, and I have done it a few different ways so that I am familiar with the process.

I  guess what I am after here is the next step. What should I try to program that would build on what I already know?

Can anyone recommend a quiz I can take that is more in depth, or maybe a list of projects I can use to grade my self in php ability?

Zend certified engineer, but it's not free. Try to answer these questions, they deal with more advanced concepts of PHP:

print sizeof('hello');

print (int) "Hello World";

//what does this code do? (no output)
while ($var --> 1) print $var;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.