System for a VA

dudejma

Hello. I'm the CEO of Virtual American Airlines. I have no knowledge in writing PHP and was wondering if someone could help me or explain to me what to do. I need a system that allows my pilots to login, tracks their PIREPs (PIlot REPorts), receives PIREPs from third party programs such as FSACARS or XACARS. I would also like it to, once logged in, show certain pages that you can't see if you aren't logged in. I also want an Admin side which can create users, approve or deny the PIREPs, and have different Administrator rights for certain people. Like their are hub managers that wouldn't get all the rights, but would be able to approve or deny the PIREPs. People would fill out a registration form, and we as the staff would create the account. Not the pilot registering for an account. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I give trouble. Like I said, I have NO PHP knowledge. I do have "some" HTML knowledge. If you'd like to email me, it: ceo@virtualamerican.org.

... if someone could help me or explain to me what to do.

Your first step would be to buy a basic php/mysql book and go through it until you are comfortable with reading and writing basic php code (variables, conditional statements, loops, using built-in functions, ...) and basic mysql queries (SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE.) Then you would need to find and study tutorials that would serve as the building blocks needed to perform specific actions like you have listed. Then you would need to define the details for each action you have listed and break each down into steps until you reach the point where you can actually write and test the code necessary to carry out each action.

Turing any of your list of 'I want' and 'I need' items into actual working and tested code requires, well, a programmer, and it is beyond the few hundred words that could be written in the replies in a thread in a help forum to do so. It will also take several hundred hours of programing time to complete all the items you listed, so it is unlikely you will find someone willing to do this for free.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.