Newbie - Making an image a link

DarrenG

Hi

I am new to php and have inherited some code to change. At the moment I have a page that has an icon and then some php that generates text that is a link to filter a list. I now need to remove the text and make the icon the link. Any ideas how this would be done?

Here is the current code snippet:

<?php

$logo_size = array(18, 17);
$logo_image = "";

echo $html->image('icons/new.png', array(
'alt'=>'New Product Icon',
'width'=>$logo_size[0], 
'height'=>$logo_size[1],
'border'=>'0',
'class'=>'ProductLogo'));

$queryString_newproducts = str_replace("data[Product][check_1]=&", "data[Product][check_1]=1&", $queryString);
echo $paginator->sort(' New Product', 'product', array('url'=>array('?'=>$queryString_newproducts)));

?>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't recognize what you're using to create that $html object, but looking at the code you listed makes me think you may be able to do something like this:

echo $html->image('icons/new.png', array(
'alt'=>'New Product Icon',
'width'=>$logo_size[0], 
'height'=>$logo_size[1],
'border'=>'0',
'onclick'=>'window.location=\'somepage.php\'',
'style'=>'cursor:pointer;',
'class'=>'ProductLogo'));

I forgot to mention that it was written in cakephp. Would that make a difference.

The page displays a list of products and some are New. Clicking the link should just display the new items only and remove all others.

Don't know if any of this helps.

I did and it made the icon a link. The only issue I have now is trying to get that link to work and filter the correct results. I'm trying to learn quick, just like other newbies I guess  :-\

Any thoughts on how I could apply the correct code to the link?

From what I can gather the first part of the php code is for the image. Then the next 2 lines generate the filter and paginate it on the screen:

<?php

$queryString_newproducts = str_replace("data[Product][check_1]=&", "data[Product][check_1]=1&", $queryString);
echo $paginator->sort(' New Product', 'product', array('url'=>array('?'=>$queryString_newproducts)));

?>

I think I need to somehow get these 2 lines of code to work on the image icon. If I'm way off the mark I apologize but I think that is what I need to do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.