Multiple requests for domain per client

shadowq

My problem- a client access any domain on my site can only "load" one page per time. Ie- if one of the pages has to wait for a while (like running a PHP script that is waiting for server to respond / finish [like converting a video or something]), the other page would sit there waiting until the first was done.

Another example- if I was to try to load two different videos from my site, only one video would load at one time from that specific domain. (ie- the second video would sit there with the loading spikes spinning until the first video has finished loading / downloading). (This is the main problem- as a user can not start another video downloading until the first is done.)

I thought maybe it was a problem with KeepAlive being set to "Off" in httpd.conf, but setting it to "On" makes no difference.

Can someone please direct me to the right place to look, or let me know what to change?

Thanks!

Jarrod.

Thanks for the answer Thorpe.

Oh, I never tested IE- just assumed that because firefox and chrome both do it, that it was a sever side setting.

How about youtube- you can load multiple videos at once when surfing youtube?

So a work around- if I made it look like a different domain for each video? media1.domain.com, media2.domain.com, etc?

Any other work arounds?

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.