Help with building the file name for export doc

hane

Hi for some reason I just cant get my code to work. Please take a look and help me in the right direction.

Here is my header builder for my export doc, $vExcelFileName is my problem:

<?php require_once('includes/connect.php');

$adid=$_GET['adid'];

mysql_select_db($database_A, $A);
$query_ads = "SELECT * FROM ads JOIN company ON ads.companyid=company.companyid JOIN contact ON contact.companyid=ads.companyid WHERE adid=$adid";
$ads = mysql_query($query_ads, $A) or die(mysql_error());
$row_ads = mysql_fetch_assoc($ads);
$totalRows_ads = mysql_num_rows($ads);

$vExcelFileName=$row_ads['name'] . "ad-description-" .  $row_ads['month'] ."-10" .  ".doc";
header("Content-type: application/x-ms-download"); //#-- build header to download the excel file
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$vExcelFileName");
header('Cache-Control: public');
?>

I'm sure its something silly that I'm not seeing and just need someone else to point it out

I have checked the code and it works, but when a name has spaces it falls apart how can I fix that

Here is the problem:

$vExcelFileName=$row_ads['name'] . "ad-description-" .  $row_ads['month'] ."-10" .  ".doc";

remember i call the info from my mysql database so I select AIP Africa from drop down then I select export and it exports all the info to a .doc file with the name populated with my the script in question

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.