popup thumbnails when selecting rows

joeros

i have the following code that i am trying to adapt.

$x->addRowSelect("alert('You have selected id # %url%')");

/**
* Adds ability to select a entire row
* @param string $onclick The JS function to call when a row is clicked
*/
public function addRowSelect($onclick)
{
	$this->row_select = $onclick;
}

// Handle row selects
if ($this->row_select)
            echo ' tbl-row-highlight" onclick="' . $this->parseVariables($row, $this->row_select);

echo '">';

What happens is that when a row is clicked a pop window appears and gives the details of the specified field.

What i am trying to do is have a window popup with a jpg picture instead. what i have done is this

$x->addUrlSelect("href=(javascript:openpopup('tnail.jpg'))");

<script>
function openpopup(popurl){
winpops=window.open(popurl,"","width=400,height=338,")
}
</script>

public function adUrlSelect($openpopup)
{
	$this->url_select = $openpopup;
}

Now as far as i can see everything is syntactically correct but is not working. Can anyone advise as to where i am going wrong please?

as usual thanks for any replies

While this seems to be largely a javascript problem... My initial guess is to remove the "href=" portion of the addUrlSelect function.... Also, those extra parentheses don't make sense to me... how exactly is this being added to the URL?

Hi,

i removed the parentheses and fixed the spelling mistake (addUrl). still no work. as this is not originally my code the way i read is this,

Addurlselect takes the url address to the openpopup function which 'should' create a jpg popup image but obviously does not.

as i said i have read the original code and this is what it seems to do so i made what i thought was the appropriate changes

It might help to have the original code... otherwise, it's just shots in the dark.

I agree and i have only been coding php for just over a week so i am very inexperienced, however i thought there was enough info there for a reasonable php programmer to steer me in the correct direction.

Anyway, i have almost been able to work it out myself. All i needed to do was instead of duplicating code and changing parameters i just need to change this line

$x->addRowSelect("alert('You have selected id # %url%')");

so that it becomes

$x->addRowSelect("window.open('%url%')");

this opens the jpg in a new window but it is a full size window. i just want the thumbnail to open in a small window as a jpg.

Any pointers?

http://www.javascript-coder.com/window-popup/javascript-window-open.phtml

Change Height and Width by: (example)

window.open ("http://www.javascript-coder.com",
"mywindow","menubar=1,resizable=1,width=350,height=250"); 

To get height and width of image, you can use the getimagesize() function in PHP:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.getimagesize.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.