include_path not working on new installation

I have installed LAMP AT LEAST 10-12 times with no issues at all. So, today I wanted to test an installation/upgrade routine for an application that I have been developing and wanted to test on a clean installation. So, I went to my test box, which already have Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop Edition installed and I installed Apache2, PHP5, and mysql5 (along with dependencies, etc.) set the ServerName in Apache, and set the include_path in php.ini to:

include_path = ".:/usr/share/php:/var/www/therapydoc/includes"

I opened my application in FireFox and Apache worked and PHP was parsing files, but none of my includes or requires work. So I look at phpinfo() and verify that it is pointing to the correct configuration file (It was) and checked the include_path and phpinfo() shows the include path to be :

.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear

So I restarted Apache2 and it still didn't work. I have been through php.ini over and over and cannot find why my include_path is not working. The first thing I would ask someone posting this question is "Did you uncomment the include_path in php.ini?" Well, yes, I have actually checked that multiple times. I have actually gone as far as rebooting the whole box to no avail. I also verfied that there are NO .htaccess files anywhere in my application OR the webserver.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.