Online Trading Nightmare!

liamloveslearning

Hi all,

I've recently built (6 months ago!) a new website for my company, Its now been live since January and we still havent had 1 sale! We're throwing money at our seo guys and adwords and although we get plenty of hits were getting no ROI. Im unsure if its our pricing structure or the structure of our site. What do you guys think, were after feedback on ease of use, friendliness, does it look trustworthy etc?

The website is www DOT signworldgroup DOT com

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,

I've recently built (6 months ago!) a new website for my company, Its now been live since January and we still havent had 1 sale! We're throwing money at our seo guys and adwords and although we get plenty of hits were getting no ROI. Im unsure if its our pricing structure or the structure of our site. What do you guys think, were after feedback on ease of use, friendliness, does it look trustworthy etc?

The website is www DOT signworldgroup DOT com

Thanks in advance :)

The home page suffers from a lack of focus.  The site name refers to signs, but the first two sections are the store and website design.  The flash animation doesn't lend any clarity to it, either.  Your flash animation would be better served showing examples of the signage, both for the big companies and smaller, in-stock signs.  Without seeing any examples up front, why would I want to buy anything?

Remember: users, above all else, are lazy and skeptical.  They don't want a bunch of marketing spiel with nothing to back it up, and they certainly don't want to dig through your site to find examples of your work (btw: the gallery loads very slowly).  You claim to use state of the art technology?  So doesn't everyone else.  Where's the proof?

Some other small things:

Embrodiaworld - what is it, why is it the first link on the site, why should I care?

The contact link looks out of place to me.  It shouldn't look like a navigation heading (non-clickable).

What's with the red band across the top?  Odd to see the content of a site moved down 10px or so for no good reason.

There's a real solid base here, but it doesn't come together.  You need to think about your own branding (who you are, what you do, what you sell), and realize that if your home page doesn't entice users, they're not going to bother staying.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.