Dropdown select - INSERT

karimali831

Hi

Hoping someone can help me with this.

I am trying to insert rows into my table from multiple dropdown selection.

Problem is when I submit the form, I don't get userID - &action=insertlineup&clanID=11&cupID=2&userID=

clanID will always be one value, but userID can be multiple so not sure how to work round this.

userID is from the value of the options.

Options - get members:

$members2=safe_query("SELECT userID FROM ".PREFIX."cup_clan_members WHERE clanID = '$clanID' && function!='Leader'");
	while($dr=mysql_fetch_array($members2)) {
		$member2.='<option value="'.$dr['userID'].'">'.getnickname($dr['userID']).'</option>'; };

Form:

$form = 'Ctrl+Left click to select/deselect
	  <tr bgcolor="'.$bg1.'">
	    <td align="right" bgcolor="'.$bg1.'">Select Lineup:</td>
	    <td bgcolor="'.$bg2.'"><select name="member" onChange="MM_confirm(\'Are you sure with your selection?\', \'?site=clans&action=insertlineup&clanID='.$clanID.'&userID=\'+this.value)" size="5" multiple>'.$member2.'</select> <form action="?site=clans&action=insertlineup&clanID='.$clanID.'&userID='.$dr['userID'].'" method="POST"><input type="submit" value="Enter Selected" /> </form> </td>
	  </tr>';	} echo $form;

Query:

}if(isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'insertlineup') {
if(isleader($userID,$_GET['clanID'])){
	safe_query("UPDATE ".PREFIX."cup_clan_lineup SET clanID = '".$_GET['clanID']."' && userID = '".$_GET['userID']."' WHERE cupID = '".$_GET['cupID']."'");	
	redirect('?site=clans&action=mylineup&clanID='.$_GET['clanID']', 'Redirecting...', 2);		
}

Look at attatchment for example:

Wraith - value = 6 (userID)

-X1-Lite - value = 256 (userID)

I want both these userID inserted

clanID and cupID don't matter as only one is needed.

If this is not possible, any other way to select specific rows from a table and insert into another table?

Hope you understand, thanks for any help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Query:

}if(isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'insertlineup') {
   if(isleader($userID,$_GET['clanID'])){
      safe_query("UPDATE ".PREFIX."cup_clan_lineup SET clanID = '".$_GET['clanID']."' && userID = '".$_GET['userID']."' WHERE cupID = '".$_GET['cupID']."'");   
      redirect('?site=clans&action=mylineup&clanID='.$_GET['clanID']', 'Redirecting...', 2);      
   }

Form:

$members2=safe_query("SELECT userID FROM ".PREFIX."cup_clan_members WHERE clanID = '$clanID' && function!='Leader'");
         $member2.='<option value="'.$dr['userID'].'">'.getnickname($dr['userID']).'</option>';

<tr bgcolor="'.$bg1.'">
          <td align="right" bgcolor="'.$bg1.'">Select Lineup:</td>
          <td bgcolor="'.$bg2.'"><select name="member" size="5" multiple>'.$member2.'</select> <form action="?site=clans&action=insertlineup&clanID='.$clanID.'&userID='.$dr['userID'].'" method="POST"><input type="submit" value="Enter Selected" /> </form> </td>
        </tr>';   } echo $form;

you can see $form echos outside the loop and ain't I going to need the loop because I want to insert multiple userID?

Changed it to

$form = '
	                            <form action="index.php">
                                <input type="hidden" name="site" value="clans">
                                <input type="hidden" name="action" value="insertlineup">
                                <input type="hidden" name="clanID" value="'.$clanID.'">
                                <input type="hidden" name="cupID" value="'.$cupID.'">
                             <select name="userID" size="5" multiple>
                             '.$member2.'
                             </select>
                          <input type="submit" value="Go" onclick="return confirm(\'Are you sure with your selection? \');">
                       </form>'; } echo $form;

Output: &action=insertlineup&clanID=11&cupID=2&userID=68&userID=320

with this output can it insert like this:

clanID = 11 AND userID = 320

clanID = 11 AND userID = 68

clanID = 11 AND cupID = 2

that's all I want.

you can see $form echos outside the loop and ain't I going to need the loop because I want to insert multiple userID?

In that case your going to need to append each iteration onto the $form variable. Otherwise, its only ever going to show the last record. You still should have your <form></form> tags outside the loop so you end up with one formm

And you can't have two keys with the same name within the $_GET array.

Can you show me how to do this please?

Here is what I got so far:

$cupID = $_GET['cupID'];

//get members in team

$members = safe_query("SELECT clanID FROM ".PREFIX."cup_clan_members WHERE userID='$userID'");
  while($dd=mysql_fetch_array($members)) {

//get team in cup

$registered = safe_query("SELECT clanID FROM ".PREFIX."cup_clans WHERE cupID='$cupID' && clanID='".$dd['clanID']."' && 1on1='0'");
    while($dm=mysql_fetch_array($registered)) { $clanID = $dm['clanID'];

//get members
		$member2.='<option value="'.$dr['userID'].'">'.getnickname($dr['userID']).'</option>'; 

//dropdown		

if(isleader($userID,$clanID))	{
	  <form action="index.php">
            <input type="hidden" name="site" value="clans">
            <input type="hidden" name="action" value="insertlineup">
            <input type="hidden" name="clanID" value="'.$clanID.'">
            <input type="hidden" name="cupID" value="'.$_GET['cupID'].'">
            <select name="userID" size="5" multiple>
             '.$member2.'
            </select><br>
           <input type="submit" value="Enter Selected" onclick="return confirm(\'Are you sure with your selection? \');">
	  </form>'; 

echo '<br> userID = '.$dr['userID'].'';

if(isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'insertlineup') {

safe_query("INSERT INTO ".PREFIX."cup_clan_lineup (cupID, clanID, userID) VALUES ('$cupID', '$clanID', '".$dr['userID']."')");	
	redirect('?site=clans&action=mylineup&cupID='.$_GET['cupID'].'&clanID='.$_GET['clanID'], 'Lineup Successful! You may change it before cup starts.', 2);
	      }	
	    }
	  } 
	} 
  }echo $form;

echo '<br> userID = '.$dr['userID'].'';

Output:

userID = 68

userID = 320

safe_query("INSERT INTO ".PREFIX."cup_clan_lineup (cupID, clanID, userID) VALUES ('$cupID', '$clanID', '".$dr['userID']."')");

Output:

Only one row -

cupID = 12, clanID = 11, userID = 320

I want to have also:

cupID = 12, clanID = 11, userID = 68

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.