{		
	var $id = $_SESSION['id'];
	var $username = $_SESSION['username'];
	var $firstname = $_SESSION['firstname'];
	var $lastname = $_SESSION['lastname'];
}

?>

When I run the page, I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /Users/home/Desktop/Miles/HS/classes.php on line 7

Any ideas?

The var declaration can only use constant values (literal strings, numbers, or a static array) -

This declaration may include an initialization, but this initialization must be a constant value--that is, it must be able to be evaluated at compile time and must not depend on run-time information in order to be evaluated.

You would need to use code in the constructor or in a class method to assign values from variables to the class variables.

You can use var, but better public, private or protected.  But if it is not a constant value (can't be another variable), then do as  PFMaBiSmAd said and assign in the constructor:

class user {
   var $id;

function __construct() {
      $this->id = $_SESSION['id'];
      // etc...
   }
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.