Setting up a PHP script which will be run by a cron

Seaholme

Hey,

Pretty sure you guys are starting to get a bit sick of me asking questions here, but searching Google for answers to my problem, all I can find are tips for composing a cron yourself, and I'm 99% sure the cron isn't the problem.

Basically I've got hosting from GoDaddy.com which also gives you a Cron Manager -- you can enable/disable scripts, set exactly when and how often you want them to run and set which script you want to run directly from a "Browse Scripts" button, so on the basis that this is kinda foolproof, I'm sure that even I haven't got the setting up of the cron wrong xP

So all I can think is that my script is wrong. When I go to the script location in my browser, it works absolutely fine -- but my question is, is there anything specific I need to write into it which would make it work with the cron?

This is what the script consists of:

<?php
// Make a MySQL Connection
mysql_connect("xxx", "xxx", "xxx") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("xxx") or die(mysql_error());

mysql_query("UPDATE dogs SET age = age + 1");

?>

Should there be something in there to direct the Cron what to do?

Thanks for any help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.