jquery calendar

exhaler

Hi,

i'm currently trying to create an event-calendar, using jquery ui calendar-widget. however, i couldn't find a way to add events to the calendar, i.e: open the website a calendar shows up, when the mouse is over a day that has an event a pop-up box appears next to that day showing the events.

is there a way to do it? or if u can point me to an already made jquery script that has calendar-events options.

thanks for the help

is there a way to do it?

Of course there are ways of doing it. You need to think the problem through logically and plan out each step of the process.

If you don't have that ability, you might try searching the jQuery site for an existing plugin.

i tried the site, nothing came up :(, u can see an example of what i'm thinking here http://www.beiruting.com/ scroll down to see the calendar and mouse over to see the events

I know what an events calendar looks like. My previous post still sits. You just need to think your problem through.

What does an event calendar need to do?

1) You need to be able to display a calendar (you've got this within the ui plugin).

2) If a data is clicked, a new div needs to open up containing a form to collect details.

2a) This form needs to submit to a php script (likely via Ajax) to store the event details.

That's the basics....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.