Send Request

Awaken88

Hello!

I'm new to coding PHP, just trying to do a simple Web app for my work to make my job a bit easier.

Basically, it is an SMS app,

We have a company that we send SMS's through, which now has an API so i can just send a string straight to the site and it sends the message.

Basically i made a PHP script that takes some values from a page, mobile which i will enter, then select a template from a drop down box and hit send...

I have all that part working perfectly!!

Only problem is, i don't know where to start to send the final string (Url + $mob + $message) I'm guessing i need to make a function to do this, but as to where to start I don't have a clue.

I've seen a few places that have what I think i need, but i don't understand completely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Atm, I want to have

$messagesent = $SendText($url)

and get a responce to say that the message has sent fine or not.

My url is all configured how i would need it (meaning if i put it in my web browser it sends the message)

http://mysmssend.com/api-wrapper/messages.single?apikey=111222233333&apisecret=secret&mobile=Mobile&message=Message+Goes+Here&caller_id=xxxxxxxxxx

Is there any way I can just put that in there? It does redirect to another site once the API has been run..

and displays..

messages.single 1 2010-07-07 12:47:30 GMT 1278506850 GMT queued no list provided

Guess all i would want to know is that its been queued or that the process ran :)

Any help would be great! I understand i need to open sockets? Then send the info, but as what format the info needs to be is unsure.

Regards,

Richard

tried

$smsent = file_get_contents($url)

Doesn't work, just makes the web page hang?

I know that the $url is correct as i had it just post it to the page before.

Anything  I may be doing wrong?

And does file_get_contents need to be an actual file... as its not a file just a url.. ?

If its a fee service it is likely disabled. You can check via phpinfo.

You can  set error reporting up at runtime by placing the following at the top of all your scripts.

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL) ; ini_set('display_errors', '1'); ?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.