Adding Username and Date?

Stargate05

Hey guys,

Using this code, does anyone see how I could add the user name of the person who made the post and the time and date it was posted at? This code already shows the title of the topic and gives a link to the topic in the forum.

<?php

$connection = mysql_connect("localhost", "imissth1_phpb4", "[1E199M[1y8W") or die("Service Temporarily Unavailable");

$db = mysql_select_db("imissth1_phpb4",$connection) or die("Service temporairly unavailable");

$sql = "select * from phpbb_topics order by topic_last_post_time desc limit 0,10";

$result = mysql_query($sql) or die("Service temporairly unavailable");

for($x=1;$x<=10;$x++){

$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);

echo "<a href = \"http://www.codenamekingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=$row[forum_id]&t=$row[topic_id]\" target = \"_blank\">$row[topic_title]</a><br><br>";

}

?>

Don't know how many of you use MySql but thanks in advance guys!

There's only one echo() in the code above:

echo "<a href = \"http://www.codenamekingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=$row[forum_id]&t=$row[topic_id]\" target = \"_blank\">$row[topic_title]</a><br><br>";

If the syntax in that line doesn't make sense to you, just post the field names, and I'm sure someone (if not me) will be by shortly to help.

use this code to echo it

<?php
$connection = mysql_connect("localhost", "imissth1_phpb4", "[1E199M[1y8W") or die("Service Temporarily Unavailable");
$db = mysql_select_db("imissth1_phpb4",$connection) or die("Service temporairly unavailable");
$sql = "select * from phpbb_topics order by topic_last_post_time desc limit 0,10";
for($x=1;$x<=10;$x++){
   print_r($row);// this will print everything in the array including the array name
}
?>

Thanks BillyBoB but all I got was a huge amount of seemingly random data ;P

Pikachu, I would really appreciate it if you could, here are the field names for the username and time posted: topic_last_poster_name (username to last post in topic) and topic_last_post_time (last time topic was posted in)

I was hoping to see something like this:

TOPIC TITLE

Last Posted in by: topic_last_poster_name

On: topic_last_post_time

Only thing is I dont understand the time... in the database for example, its just a random number... ie. 1278533748

How would you turn that into an actual date?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

when you look into the database can you find the column topic_last_post_time and see what type it is.

if the date is stored with php timestamp values then its type would be string...

your end code would look like

<?php
for($x=1;$x<=10;$x++){

echo "<a href = \"http://www.codenamekingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=$row[forum_id]&t=$row[topic_id]\" target = \"_blank\">$row[topic_title]</a><br>Last Posted in by: $row[topic_last_poster_name]<br>On: $row[topic_last_post_time]<br><br>";//you may need to convert the time into a workable string...
}
?>

Thanks for the code BillyBob! Works great except you were right the time is still messed up. Not quite sure what you mean by the "type" though... if you want an example of the value under the topic_last_post_time it would be something like: 1278533748

The only other info on that category I can find is:

Showing rows 0 - 2 (3 total, Query took 0.0004 sec) [topic_time: 1278533748 - 1278536261]

SELECT *

FROM  `phpbb_topics`

ORDER BY  `phpbb_topics`.`topic_time` ASC

LIMIT 0 , 30

Does that help or should I be looking for something else?

i would say that it is a php timestamp.

the solution to that would be

<?php
for($x=1;$x<=10;$x++){
   echo "<a href = \"http://www.codenamekingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=$row[forum_id]&t=$row[topic_id]\" target = \"_blank\">$row[topic_title]</a><br>Last Posted in by: $row[topic_last_poster_name]<br>On: ".date("d-m-y h:i:s", $row['topic_last_post_time'])."<br><br>";
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.