Coding Help

zeomax

Hi, I was trying to install a MOD (AJAX tagboard) and then I got an error saying

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /forum/includes/functions.php on line 4165

I was trying to figure it out but my coding skills are somewhere near the center of the earth. Help is much appreciated.

Attached is the functions.php

[attachment deleted by admin]

You attached over 4,000 lines of code in a MS Word document? Seriously, in future I'd make it easier for people to help you by posting only the relevant lines of code.

In answer to your problem, in the phpbb_optionget() function you have a syntax error:

return($data & 1 <<(int)$bit) ? true : false;

Not 100% sure what you were trying to do here though. Did you mean..?

return(!empty($data) && 1 < (int)$bit) ? true : false;

I was really trying to install a MOD with no specific knowledge of php. The lines that you provided did not solve the problem.

The error that the browser tells me is here:

* Set option bitfield

* @param int $bit The bit/value to set/unset

* @param bool $set True if option should be set, false if option should be unset.  <<<---This is line 4165

* @param int $data Current bitfield to change

* @return int The new bitfield

*/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.