copy() VS move_uploaded_file

robert_gsfame

From the php manual for the move_uploaded_file function:

This function checks to ensure that the file designated by filename is a valid upload file (meaning that it was uploaded via PHP's HTTP POST upload mechanism). If the file is valid, it will be moved to the filename given by destination.

This sort of check is especially important if there is any chance that anything done with uploaded files could reveal their contents to the user, or even to other users on the same system.

'valid uploaded file' = php runs the is_uploadedfile function within move_uploaded_file function. So mainly the move_uploaded_file is better when you want to move an uploaded file, cause security issues.

Again from php manuals:

If filename is not a valid upload file, then no action will occur, and move_uploaded_file() will return FALSE.

If filename is a valid upload file, but cannot be moved for some reason, no action will occur, and move_uploaded_file() will return FALSE. Additionally, a warning will be issued.

So, please...  :rtfm:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.move-uploaded-file.php

Oops one more question, i got the error when checking whether file has been copy into the folder using copy()...i cant solve this problem yet, so i decided to use move_uploaded_file to avoid the error...

why cant i get the return value "TRUE" of "FALSE" use copy() so that the error appeared...it seems like copy() cannot read my filename...??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.