Creating Div's on the fly --- so to speak

aztec

Hello

I have a website that is hard coded and I have decided to make it database driven, the current site works fine but to keep it up-to-date requires a lot of work.

I do not use tables in the current website but use div's extensively and all of the styling is with CSS. If you go to http://www.westonheritage.co.uk/john1906.html you may get a better understanding of what I am saying.

What I need to do is to create div's depending on the number of rows held in an array from a MySql query, an example of the div is:-

<div id="content_bottom_container">
     					<ul>

<div id="content_bottomleft">
					<ul>          	    
					<li><a href="John1884.html">Audrey Weston (1884-1937)+</a></li>                             
					</ul>
					</div>  
					 <div id="content_bottomright">
     					<ul>          	    
					<li><a href="Sidney1889.html">John Derek Weston (1889-1964)+</a></li>                             
					</ul>
					</div>
					 <div id="content_bottomleft">
					<ul>          	    
					<li><a href="Madeline1891.html">Maurice A Weston (1891-1965)+</a></li>                             
					</ul>
					</div>

The code above creates 3 div's, 1 left, 1 right and a second left. You will also notice that the Href data is hard coded, I want to change this and input the data from the database. It is important that they are created in this strict order to maintain the shape of the site.

I know this is pretty long winded but it is difficult to explain, a view of the website and a quick look at the source code will help explain it better.

Kind Regards

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.