Dedicated server, Low budget.

ChrisMartino

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my thread, my problem is I need a server with about a 2.2GHz Intel and anything with 1GB RAM or over and with 20GB hard drive space or more, the problem is I'm on a really tight budget of like £20-25 P/M I've searched and searched and can't find a lot to fit my needs, I know you can't expect to find a lot for the budget since I'm 15 it's pretty much all I can lay my hands on, I've already looked around Kimsufi ( http://kimsufi.co.uk/ks/ ) but the server CPU is too low on the £14.99 one for my need's, could anybody point me in the direction of a server host with my needs and budget?, thanks in advance.

Christopher.

I have a VPS, I pay $24 per month for it. If you wanted one for what your looking for, using the same service I use, it would be about $60-$65 per month.

You get un-metered storage and throughput (bandwidth).

for $24/month (which I have, and is the minimum) I get 300MB of ram, which is sufficient enough for me. I get:

- about 150 - 200 unique visitors per day

- about 5,000 requests per day

In the end, I have use no more than 40MB of RAM at any one time.

With this service, you can:

- get live server stats

- change your RAM on the fly (up to 4000MB)

- You can use your server for a mysql server or a web server (discount if you get one of each).

Not only do you get those features, you also get all the features of a shared server user too, some are as follows:

- One click installs (phpbb, wordpress, drupal, MediaWiki, ZenCart, OpenX, Joomla, and lots more).

- unlimited databases

- unlimited users

- installation of a custom php

- installation of your own server (instead of apache)

- unlimited domains/sub-domains

- one free domain

- $50 - $75 google adwords

- CGI support (Python, C, C++, etc).

There is a ton more, but those are some of cool features they have. Oh... There is no setup fee either!

Having looked around linode is one of the best deals going, for an established reputable provider.  You are not going to get a dedicated server for anything near what you want to pay, but you can get a vps, and chances are it will be fine for what you do.  I have done stuff recently with amazon ec2 servers and if you're not doing much with it, the cheapest server can be pretty cheap, but it's not going to be less than linode.  What is the reason for your cpu requirement?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.