IE not displaying table correctly

corbeeresearch

I sort of converted a table-based site into a CSS based site, because I'm more used to CSS unfortunately since the site was not xhtml compliant to begin with, errors started coming. Plus I left some to be table, because it incorporated javascript codes in it. I was avoiding to break the code.

There is a tabled list of products and an scrollbar that is built using an image

It turns out okay, but on IE, the table is below the scrollbar and the footer disappeared.

The code arrangement is

<table>
<tbody><table><table><table>
</tbody></table></table></table>
</table>
<div id="thejavascriptslider">

Also, there are spans and divs inside the table

Does anyone know what's wrong with this? Thanks

Yeah, I know it's horrible, but I'm not the one who built the original site, and somehow I felt that the foundation is not good and didn't wanted to upset it as much as possible, so I was wondering if there is a way for a quick fix instead of removing the table.

Is there a quick fix to this thing?  :confused:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.