How to preserve SEO Value?

natasha_thomas

Friends,

I have a website which is widely indexed in Google and few of its internal pages have good PageRank also, but now, i am going to Re-Launch the Website on a Complete New Topic.

At the same time  i do not want to loose on my already Indexed pages, coz, after the new site the already Indexed links will become Irrelevent.

My Solution that comes to my mind is:

301 all the already indexed URLs to the Domain name, will this pass on the SEO value to my Domain name?

If so, what code i need to put and where in my Site?

OR

Is there any better suggestion?

Regards,

Natty

301 all the already indexed URLs to the Domain name, will this pass on the SEO value to my Domain name?

No, because Google will just see the homepage as duplicate content as it is referenced by multiple urls. Your homepage will probably get penalised and the indexed urls will be put in the sandbox.

The best solution is to keep the content of your current pages, even if you put them on another website completely under new urls. Use 301 redirects from your old URLs to them. Then ,on these pages add anchor text links to your new website to help pass through PR and traffic.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.