PHP and Powershell

slowfib

I'm using PHP on a windows box to execute some powershell scripts, my only problem is that the browser hangs on the request.

The browser will continue to hang until I goto Task Manager and kill Powershell.exe, then my results are returned as expected.

I've tried to execute an "exit" command after executing my Powershell commands, but that doesn't seem to work.

Anyone used Powershell before, or have any ideas on how I could handle this otherwise?

Here's my code:

$output = array();
exec("powershell get-service", $output);
print_r($output);

Thank you!

Hmmmm... executing the batch file still hangs the browser and Powershell keeps on running in the background.

But if I execute the batch file inside of windows, Powershell.exe stops running as soon as the batch file is done executing.

I'm wondering if I can pipe an exit in Powershell to exit once it's finished or something...

Here's my code now:

$output = array();
$filename = "C:\\temp\\powershell.bat";
$handle = fopen($filename, "w");
fwrite($handle, "powershell.exe get-service > C:\\Temp\\powershell-output.txt\nexit");
fclose($handle);

exec("C:\\temp\\powershell.bat");
unlink($filename);
$filename = "C:\\Temp\\powershell-output.txt";
$handle = fopen($filename, "r");
$contents = fread($handle, filesize($filename));
fclose($handle);
unlink($filename);
print_r($contents);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.