Include url with variable

petenaylor

Hi all

I am writing a code to update customer details. It all works great until I get to the last line of code that directs the user to the next page:

include ('profile-success.php');

I need it to be the following page:

profile-success.php?username=$username

Can anyone show me how to edit the line to include the url variable?

I keep getting this error:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'profile-success.php?username=$username' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cndvizp/public_html/prints2impress.co.uk/upload/update-profile.php on line 96

Thanks

Pete.

Hi sorry the file is called update-success.php

I now get the error:

Warning: include(update-success.php?username=petenaylor) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cndvizp/public_html/prints2impress.co.uk/upload/update-profile.php on line 94

Warning: include(update-success.php?username=petenaylor) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cndvizp/public_html/prints2impress.co.uk/upload/update-profile.php on line 94

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'update-success.php?username=petenaylor' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cndvizp/public_html/prints2impress.co.uk/upload/update-profile.php on line 94

The file update-success.php if definitely on the server because if i type update-success.php?username=petenaylor into the address bar it works OK?

Cheers for your help

include cannot parse stand-alone files. when you write

include ('profile-success.php?username=$username');

it'll search for a file called "profile-success.php?username=$username" which obviously doesn't exist.

Instead you could try

include ('http://www.yourwebsite.com/profile-success.php?username=$username');

But the best thing for me is, assigning variables first, then call the page, will serve the same objective

$_GET['username'] = $username;
include ('profile-success.php');

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.