Toy Museum Website - Thoughts Please!!

gaza165

Not bad to start off with, spacing is good bust could be more consistent (look up grids for webdesigns), and spacing can affect how visitors view your website.

The navigation could be moved up to vertically center with the logo, as it leaves a huge gap. For each link you could maybe expand the links so that the whole of the rounded square is clickable, rather than just the text as sometimes this makes it easier for people to click on the links.

Typography of the page could be improved. I noticed in your css file you only used Cambria and Georgia for fonts. Try to break the design up a bit and use about 3 fonts.

Other than there being no footer, it's a great design. keep up the good work.

Nice looking Web site. If I were a potential site visitor I would be looking for two main things.

Information on antique toys or contact information.

The video is in a nice spot, but does not have a cover photo. I would make sure there is a picture at the start of the video to encourage the click.

Secondly, I would switch the order of the "What's On" and the "How To Find Us" sections to make it easier for your potential visitors to find that highly useful information. 

Very nice! Maybe just align the things a bit more the top photo is now sticking out a few pixels in relation to the objects below. Fastest way is I think to adjust the width of the top photo. Also align the video with the title if possible. Last thing; try to align the text if possible (as in: align full) they are now aligned left.  Anyway the colours are nice, there is little text which is an immense Plus!! very nice indeed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.