CSS not working on PHP page

scottchr226

I posted this in the PHP forum but got no help.  I'm hoping maybe this board might be better.

I have a dynamic menu (jglidemenu) installed on my site.  It works fine on my HTML pages but on my PHP pages the font formatting from the menu's style sheet isn't working and I haven't been able to figure out why.

Here's a page where the menu is working correctly:

http://www.greenbayeasthighschool.com

and here's a page where the formatting fails:

http://www.greenbayeasthighschool.com/staff_by_lastname.php

This is my first attempt at creating a page with PHP.  Is it not possible to use CSS formatting on a page that includes PHP content?

I realize PHP is a server side deal.  The thing I don't get is that the menu works it just doesn't format the way it should.  Why is it ignoring the CSS code for the fonts?

295 errors?  How embarrassing.    ::) 

I guess that's what happens when you take someone elses code and try to make it work in your own site.

I'll start with the w3c validation stuff first and see what I can find.

It's wierd though, why would the font formatting be messed up only on PHP pages and not on the HTML ones.  I set the menu part up the same on each.  Could it be because the page is rendered on the client side?

Thanks PFMaBiSmAd and Pikachu2000 for the advice.  I never think to use the code validator on the w3c site. 

I found a couple of issues that were causing the glitch.  I changed how I implemented the script for the menu.  Using the Dreamweaver library items feature was causing problems too.  After that I cleaned up the code and the error finally resolved.

I still have a few coding issues on each page but nothing serious.  Thanks again for the advice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.