DirectoryIterator not working -- HELP

KaptainBlazzed

I have a script the iterates through my directories allowing users to transverse and download files.

It was up and running just fine until i switched servers, both were running PHP 5.x.x and ISS 7.

The issue is no matter what directory i run the script in, the DirectoryIterator returns a bunch of "." or a "$Recycle.Bin" if i set it to the look in "C:/"

Here is the code:

<?

$cwd = "c:/";

foreach (new DirectoryIterator($cwd) as $file) {

echo $file->getFilename(). "\n";

}

?>

Here is the output from "C:/"

$Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin $Recycle.Bin

Here is the output if is set $cwd to "."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can not figure this out and am beginning to think it is a permissions issue. :shrug:

any help would be appreciated.

getcwd() returns the following

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I have tried it in several different directories, including my web root and it always returns the same result, a bunch of "."

i do however get a different # of "." depending on the directory.

Try that and postback the output:

$dir = new DirectoryIterator(dirname(__FILE__));
foreach ($dir as $fileinfo) {
    if (!$fileinfo->isDot()) {
        var_dump($fileinfo->getFilename());
    }

}

No output because they are all "."

This is really starting to bug me and i can not figure it out.

Could it be a setting in the config file?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.