Help adapting this code

supanoob

could someone please help me adapt the following code to make it resize the image before uploading?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

<?php
if($_GET['submit'] == 'yes') 
{

$image = $_FILES['image']['name'];

if ($image) 
	{

$filename = stripslashes($_FILES['image']['name']);

$extension = getExtension($filename);
		  $extension = strtolower($extension);

if (($extension != "jpg") && ($extension != "jpeg") && ($extension != "png") && ($extension != "gif")) 
		{

echo 'Unknown extension!';
			$errors=1;
		}
		else
		{
$size=filesize($_FILES['image']['tmp_name']);

if ($size > MAX_SIZE*1024)
{
echo 'You have exceeded the size limit! the limit is 500KB';
$errors=1;
}

$rand = rand(0,9999999);
$date = DATE("d.m.y");
$image_name=$date.$id.$rand.'.'.$extension;
$newname="./images/$gender/".$image_name;
$copied = copy($_FILES['image']['tmp_name'], $newname);
if (!$copied) 
{
echo 'Copy unsuccessfull!';
$errors=1;
}}}}
?>

You can't resize it before uploading. Until the image has been uploaded the server doesn't have access to it. (OK, technically you could create create a Java application (not JavaScript) to resize on the clients computer before uploading, but that opens up bigger issues).

You will want to upload the image and then resize it. There are a ton of resizing scripts available.

You can't resize it before uploading. Until the image has been uploaded the server doesn't have access to it. (OK, technically you could create create a Java application (not JavaScript) to resize on the clients computer before uploading, but that opens up bigger issues).

You will want to upload the image and then resize it. There are a ton of resizing scripts available.

What about using a temp image? care to share a script? i cant seem to find any :(

This script resize an Image into two 60px and 25px. Take a look at $newwidth you have to modify size values.

<?php define ("MAX_SIZE","400");$errors=0;if($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST"){        $image =$_FILES["file"]["name"];$uploadedfile = $_FILES['file']['tmp_name'];  if ($image)   {  $filename = stripslashes($_FILES['file']['name']);        $extension = getExtension($filename);  $extension = strtolower($extension);if (($extension != "jpg") && ($extension != "jpeg") && ($extension != "png") && ($extension != "gif"))   {echo ' Unknown Image extension ';$errors=1;  }else{   $size=filesize($_FILES['file']['tmp_name']);if ($size > MAX_SIZE*1024){echo "You have exceeded the size limit";$errors=1;}if($extension=="jpg" || $extension=="jpeg" ){$uploadedfile = $_FILES['file']['tmp_name'];$src = imagecreatefromjpeg($uploadedfile);}else if($extension=="png"){$uploadedfile = $_FILES['file']['tmp_name'];$src = imagecreatefrompng($uploadedfile);}else {$src = imagecreatefromgif($uploadedfile);}list($width,$height)=getimagesize($uploadedfile);$newwidth=60;$newheight=($height/$width)*$newwidth;$tmp=imagecreatetruecolor($newwidth,$newheight);$newwidth1=25;$newheight1=($height/$width)*$newwidth1;$tmp1=imagecreatetruecolor($newwidth1,$newheight1);imagecopyresampled($tmp,$src,0,0,0,0,$newwidth,$newheight,$width,$height);imagecopyresampled($tmp1,$src,0,0,0,0,$newwidth1,$newheight1, $width,$height);$filename = "images/". $_FILES['file']['name'];$filename1 = "images/small". $_FILES['file']['name'];imagejpeg($tmp,$filename,100);imagejpeg($tmp1,$filename1,100);imagedestroy($src);imagedestroy($tmp);imagedestroy($tmp1);}}}//If no errors registred, print the success messageif(isset($_POST['Submit']) && !$errors) {   // mysql_query("update SQL statement ");  echo "Image Uploaded Successfully!";}function getExtension($str) {         $i = strrpos($str,".");         if (!$i) { return ""; }          $l = strlen($str) - $i;         $ext = substr($str,$i+1,$l);         return $ext;}?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.