innerHTML == PHP ! Javascript

wyght

It has been ten years since I last wrote any code. I am trying to use PHP to write into a HTML element. I know JavaScript has the innerHTML function but I cannot seem to find any equivalent PHP function. My questions are

1) Is there an equivalent PHP function to innerHTML?

If not

2) Is there an intelligent method of using PHP fire JavaScript innerHTML

Why?

I want to get data from MySQL DB using PHP and print one record at a time to the webpage. I will be using a <div> tag as the data will be longer then one line so I do not want to use a span tag. I would like to force line breaks therefore I am using CSS with 'display:block;' I have not found a way to print the data from MySQL

It sounds to me like you could simply apply the HTML within your PHP instead of the other way around (although the other way around is possible as well).

EG1:

<?phpecho "<div style='display: block;'>";echo $result;echo "</div>";?>

EG2:

<?phpecho "<div style='display: block;'>";while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM)) {   echo $row[0] . "<br>"}echo "</div>";?>

EG3:

<div style="display: block;"><?php echo $result; ?></div>

EG3:

<div style="display: block;"><?php while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM)) {   echo $row[0] . "<br>"}?></div>

Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.