Shared server hacked, need to find all php files in any directory named "img"

macwise

Hey, friends.  I have some trouble on the server front.  My sites have been hacked, and I need to make sure I've eradicated every trace of this exploit.  I'm looking for a way to search for any and all php files contained in multiple directories with specific names.  For instance, I have found a commonality in relation to where these malicious files are placed, such as:

/some/dir/img/somename.php

or:

/some/dir/js/somename.php

Is there a way I can easily (e.g. using ssh and the "find" command) locate all files ending in php but only found in directories named "img"?  I can't seem to find anything that would allow me to do this with find, or with a combination of find and grep.  I can't go directory by directory, as some of these img directories are created many levels deep, some even in .svn directories. 

Any and all help is appreciated.  Hackers suck.

BTW change all your usernames and passwords that can access your system. AND do NOT save password in your FTP program - similar 'hack' recently appears to be related to FTP password saving. The 'hack' infected all files many levels deep if they file name began with index, main etc

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.