Asking for Help

steven_elvisda

Hi All,

I new with phpfreaks. I have some problem with my php code that i was typping from my php and mysql book.

the problem is when i register completedi got the link but the code can not generate uid= but token variable is generated

Please kindly to check attached file for viewing the full code.

I really appreciate with your helping.

Kindly Regards,

Steve.

[attachment deleted by admin]

In order to generate and return the userId, the query in the public function save(){} in the class User must execute without error.

In briefly looking at it, you are missing the closing ) that is part of the VALUES () term.

You should echo $query inside that function to see exactly what it contains and you can echo mysql_error() to find out why your query is failing.

Edit: Your public function setInactive(){} also needs some error checking logic in it. You are calling $this->save(); (which in the current code is returning a false value), but you are not checking that and blindly executing the INSERT INTO %sPENDING ... query. You should not be executing that query unless $this->save() returns a true value.

Hi, Many thanks for your help I just add more ) at VALUE my $this->userId is turned but when I click on verify.php link

I alway get file by the last condition (Your Provided invalid data.

Please try again.) please check on file verify.php. I apologize that i did not change or add mor condition in function setInactive(){} because that code i typing follow my book.:(

Thanks for your helping and comment. your comment really mean to me.

Kindly Regards,

Steve.

The other query in the public function save(){} is missing quotes around the EMAIL_ADDR = "%s" value.

Again, you can troubleshoot what you code is doing by echoing the $query variable and echoing mysql_query() to find out what the query looks like and what errors it produces.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.