PHP Date / Time problem

Zergman

So I’ve noticed that when I use

$time = date(“H:i:s”);

The time should echo 21:57:49 In a 24hr format and it works except for when it turns 12pm till 1pm.

Im checking my database and see 11:57:49 then 00:00:47 until 13:01:44 comes.  So it’s showing 12pm as 12am in 24hr clock for some reason.

I’ve googled this a lot and can’t find a reason.  Any idea?!

The code you did post is using smart/curly quotes and is probably causing the date format string some difficulty.

Also, what is your code between that point and the query that is inserting the data into your table and how are you retrieving and displaying the results? Any of those things could be causing the problem.

I'm using a very simple mysql insert statement posting the value directly into the database.

I also have the mysql column set to TIME type if that matters.

For the longest time, I had the H:i:s in single quotes but someone mentioned that might be the problem and suggested double quotes.  Not sure honestly

Well the code you did post produces a fatal php parse error because those are NOT double-quotes and since you did not post your code or answer how you are retrieving and displaying the results, no one here can directly help you with what your code is doing that is causing the problem.

Here's the code i'm currently working on.

$username = $_SESSION['logged_user'];
$time = date ("H:i:s");
$e_city = $_GET['e_city'];

mysql_query("
INSERT INTO surveys (employee_city, ttime, Agent_id)
VALUES ('$e_city', '$time', '$username')
");

On different page

To display the results

SELECT employee_city, ttime, Agent_id
FROM surveys

Employee City: <?php echo $row['employee_city']; ?>
Logged Time: <?php echo $row['time']; ?>
Agent: <?php echo $row['Agent_id']; ?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.