Totally new to PHP

barringer

Hi All

Introducing me, Jill. I have taken over my Dad's hosting/web design business after his sudden death. I unexpectedly find myself having to fathom how to work in PHP. It was all going so well until now!

I love these sort of forums, just what the web is all about. I hope I can be helped and, in the future, help others.

Off to trawl old posts for solutions!

Regards

Jill

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thank you, very kind. I'm currently trying to contact the 'co-author' of the forms in question (simply stopped working after six years). I won't post a freakily newbie question until I've exhausted a few more avenues. As I didn't touch the PHP I can't imagine the question yet lies in the coding. However, I'm going to have to learn this anyway, so I'm off to my Dad's book shelves to find a guide book!

Kind regards

Jill

If no changes were made to the coding, there may have been changes made on/to the server. So also contact host to see if porblem/solution might lie there

That's a relief, I thought that might be the case. I'm awaiting a response from my hosting company - who are great. Thanks for your response.

Kind regards

jill

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.