How to do this backwards

jdubwelch

I used to have many many (like 90 redirects).  But that crashed the server.  So I need to figure out a new way to do this.

My old redirects is this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>  # Enable mod_rewrite  RewriteEngine On  # Permalinks# Rewrite Rules for OregonRewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/$ index.php?teamID=1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/page/([0-9]+)/ index.php?teamID=1&page=$1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/category/([0-9])/.*/page/([0-9])/ categories.php?teamID=1&catID=$1&page=$2RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/category/([0-9]+)/ categories.php?teamID=1&catID=$1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/source/([0-9]+)/.*/page/([0-9])/ sources.php?teamID=1&sourceID=$1&page=$2RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/source/([0-9]+)/ sources.php?teamID=1&sourceID=$1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/date/([0-9]{4}\-[0-9]{2}\-[0-9]{2})/.*/page/([0-9])/ date.php?teamID=1&date=$1&page=$2RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/date/([0-9]{4}\-[0-9]{2}\-[0-9]{2})/ date.php?teamID=1&date=$1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/popular/page/([0-9]+)/ popular.php?teamID=1&page=$1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/popular/ popular.php?teamID=1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/contribute/ contribute.php?teamID=1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/contribute-feed/ contributeFeed.php?teamID=1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/m mobile.php?teamID=1RewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/([0-9]+)/ headline.php?teamID=1&id=$1... times 90 (one set for each team) ...</IfModule>

As you can see there a "dummy" folder structure /NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks that is loading the root directory file index.php?teamID=1

I'm told by my server admins that I can't have that many in one htaccess file, So i'm trying to figure a way around this.

I was thinking of creating the folder structure for each team and having the htaccess file in that folder creating the redirects back to the root directory.  But I don't know how to do that.

i tried:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>  # Enable mod_rewrite  RewriteEngine On# Rewrite Rules for OregonRewriteRule ^NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/$ ../../../index.php?teamID=1  # End Permalinks</IfModule>

but that didn't work.

Here's the structure if it helps:

php_value include_path ".:/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/projects/oneclicksportsnow/trunk/html/"

Inside /html/ are all my working files that read in and display dynamic data based on teamID  (ie index.php, categories.php, sources.php, etc)

I then would have:

/html/NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks/.htaccess

Directing everything back to the root.

I've seen/answered this same question before.

Why statically declare 'NCAA/Pac-10/Oregon-Ducks' and hard code the teamID, capture the Oregon-Ducks part and use it at the top of your scripts to fetch teamID. Alternatively use the 'Oregon-Ducks' value as a unique ID for fetching the other data, instead of teamID. Same would be true of NCAA and Pac-10 only you don't seems to actually use those values in the script.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.