<!--[if !IE 6]>

freelance84

<!--[if IE 6]>
		<tr><td colspan="4"><br/><br/>You are using an old version of Internet Explorer</td></tr>
<![endif]-->
<!--[if !IE 6]>
		<tr><td colspan="4"><br/><br/>You are not using an old version of Internet Explorer</td></tr>
<![endif]-->

How can i write the second conditional so all other browsers will be able to read it? At the moment only internet explorer can read them.

Basically i want later to be showing one message and form for users on browsers post ie6 or non MS

Am i barking up the wrong tree? Should i be looking into using php?

Ok I've devised a work around; IE6 and below will see both divs in question, however the ie6 one will sit on top of the normal one thus hiding the normal one.

i.e: IE7+ and any other browser will see one message where as, IE6- will see another

Therefore is it possble to merge the following conditional comments so i dont have to repeat and increase the html download?

<!--[if IE 5]>
<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 5.0]>
<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 5.5]>
<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 6]>
<![endif]-->

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.