Mask URL / Rewrite?

JasonHarper

Hello,

I've created a web application that customer subscribe to.  Because they are storing sensitive data, I am using SSL to secure the site.  Since I don't want to host a virtual directory/separate set of pages for each customer, I have a generic domain name/SSL that they then point a cname to:

My URL:  webapp.com

Their CNAME:  portal.mycompany.com

When they hit my server, I redirect them to https://webapp.com

However, many of the customers want to maintain their own URL in the browser bar and never want to see webapp.com.  THe only way I know to do this is to create a separate virtual site with its own set of pages and an SSL certificate issued for the customer's domain.  Is there any other way to do this so I can have their URL displayed in the browser bar?  The entire application is written in PHP and I'm using Apache on CentOS.

Thank you SO much for any help!

Jason

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.