Data Contamination Issue - REWARD ATTACHED!

Loman

Dear Forum,

I have a problem that is getting the best of me due to the fact that it is hard to replicate and therefor hard to 'capture' in it's act. As I am not sure what the root cause is I apologize if this thread is posted in the wrong section. My possible guilty components are (PHP, Apache, MySQL, Mozilla Portable). Anyone that might have experienced what I experience and can help me to crack this one will be rewarded.

Problem/Symptom: I have a application that stores data from a form in a GUI. This data is stored in the MySQL dB in individual columns and 95% of the data as serialized form. During the records life time it is uploaded from a Laptop to a central dB. This is where the problem starts. Sometimes (happens ones in around every 1000 records) the data when it is viewed on the central server have been contaminated with data from other records. On the only event I have examined the data was correct on the Laptop before upload even after upload which indicates that the contamination happened on the central level. Another finding was that part of the contaminated data came from a record that was uploaded two records later (in accordance with record ID numbering) then the contaminated record itself indicating that it has not happened during the transaction itself but at a later stage.

Suspected Root Cause:

In the beginning of the applications history the system had a record toggle functionality. When using this functionality and using the application with Mozilla Portable what was displayed in cash lost synchronization with MySQL and contamination occurred (this happened if toggling back and forward to fast). This was at the point in time a know bug/weakness in Mozilla Portable and was later corrected. After upgrading this part of the application the problem disappeared. (before it could be easily replicated).

I cannot replicate this contamination and wonder if it still might be related to Mozilla Portable or if anyone else have experienced something similar? Happy to financially reward anyone that can help crack this one. Thank you for your time!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.