[PHP] Manipulate an image with GD

YBthebest

Hey!

Well after My question: there is:

I've got an image: http://extreme-redeemer.com/math_captcha/image.php

I want to "decrypt" it, to get 3 different parts.

The first number, the operatror and the last number. I actually want to be able to make this operation in PHP.

I know PHP well, but I'm not familiar with the GD library!

Thank you so much!

And The Little Guy,

http://pastebin.com/eu9UBmvm

there you go!

Thanks!

If you are developing a CAPTCHA system for your site, I would suggest passing the numbers and operator - or even simpler, just the answer - in a session rather than trying to OCR the image. If you can OCR your image, then someone else can OCR your image and the CAPTCHA becomes usless.

If you are trying to OCR a CAPTCHA so you can spam some other site ... well, shame on you.

Hey,

don't judge to quickly.

I really AM NOT gonna spam a website, seriously, not.

I saw that code on a website, a romanian PHP website, and I wanna see till where it helps.

I know that there are lots of OCR php script, well not alot but they exist, but they have difficulty with numbers...Ithat's why I'm asking it here.

If you don't want to help me, because it's captcha "cracking", I can understand!

Thanks

Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.  I guess I need to make more use of the smileies  :)

But what I was saying was that if you make the image clear enough so YOU can OCR it, then it is not going to protect much since the bad guys can OCR it, too.

If you look at line 71 of the code you posted, the answer to the CAPTHA is placed in the session

$_SESSION['security_number'] = $session_var;

so your second page can just compare the user's answer with the value in the session. It will be much easier to do, more secure, and will use less system resources.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.